- mei 28, 2017
- Posted by: startupcorporate
- Category: Innovation
Would you like to help build the Corporate Network brand? Build relationships with corporates based in Amsterdam? Do you have a knack for communications and organizational tasks? Then you may well be the intern that we’re looking for!
Corporate Network Lead, Anja Wesbuer, is looking for a communications stunner with exceptional organizational skills for an internship that will start by the end of August and last until the end of February, 2018). You should be available 3 days a week for the Corporate Network activities, and it’s possible to combine this with a thesis/ research project on the other 2 days.
The Corporate Network is one of the projects that belongs to the StartupAmsterdam action program and aims to actively involve corporates with the local startup ecosystem, by encouraging them to partner with events and initiatives, stimulating collaboration with startups and facilitating peer-2-peer learning about startup-corporate collaboration.
During this internship you will be:
- Co-developing Corporate Network’s communication strategy, as well as executing it, through creating blog posts, press releases, social media posts and the monthly partner newsletter. Together we will discuss what is necessary, what your interests are and what will be picked up by our other communication colleagues;
- Managing the website www.corporatenetwork.nl, which is still a beta version and needs to be filled with more content. The backend of this website is built on WordPress. You manage and maintain the website and are able to build new pages. It is your responsibility that there are as many service providers and projects as possible added to the website, with the right information. You are able to execute tactics that generate more traffic to the website and report on the outcome on a regular basis to Anja;
- Organizing the Corporate Network event that will take place on the 5th of October. You will take part in generating content and coordinating activities. You will manage all the contacts with speakers, participants, and logistic partners;
- Providing hands-on assistance to Anja, such as: preparation and follow-ups on meetings (possible participation during these meetings), managing the database with corporate contacts.
Every day is different when you work at StartupAmsterdam. Our action program consists of 15 measures which are owned by different people who are open and willing to help each other out when necessary.
StartupAmsterdam is a dynamic organization, so it is important that you:
- are flexible and able to work independently;
- manage to keep an overview and can handle stressful situations;
- are able to communicate and write in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- are a self-starter and eager to learn;
- can work with Mailchimp, WordPress or are motivated to learn how to work with these programs;
- are a social media native: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn is easy for you;
- are available for at least 3 days a week for the Corporate Network activities.
What we offer
We offer you an internship in a dynamic setting, where proactivity is the most important competency. You can count on a pleasant work atmosphere and room for personal development and deployment. You will receive an internship fee conform to the regulation of the municipality of Amsterdam. Preferably, we are looking for an intern that is available from the 22nd of August till the end of February 2018. The exact dates will be discussed.
The department and team
StartupAmsterdam is an action program run by the Economic Affairs department of the City of Amsterdam. Our goal is to bring Amsterdam to the top 3 of startup cities in Europe and to remain in that position. Our team consists of 10 young professionals who work together closely with different parties such as the municipality, multinationals, startup incubators and accelerators, and of course with startups themselves.
If you have any questions about this internship, please contact Anja Wesbuer at email@example.com.
Email your CV and motivation letter (in English!) to Anja Wesbuer at firstname.lastname@example.org.